ID Card Information

ID Card Information


ID Card Services is located on the first floor of the Bay Tree Bookstore building, next to the Express Store.

Contact Information

Hours:   Monday – Friday
8 AM – 5:00 PM

Phone:   831.459.2990



Please bring a government issued photo ID and your campus ID number (for students or employees).

No photos will be taken with hats or sunglasses.


Santa Cruz County Metro Bus Pass – with a valid quarter sticker available each quarter at your college office or board of study.
Recreation Facilities Pass – with a valid quarter sticker. Entrance problems check with the OPERS Administration office, second floor of the East Field House. (Pool entrance)
Library Card – UPC code on the front of your ID card is your library check out number.
Food Service/Flexi-Dollar Card – Cafeteria food plans and declining balance Flexi card plans. Contract Office is in room 104, Hahn Student Services Building.


Lost or stolen ID Cards are $20.00 cash or check to replace, and $25.00 with a new photo.
Damaged or broken ID Cards are $10.00 cash or check to exchange, and $15.00 with a new photo.
This includes exchanges for change of name, college or photo.
(The old card must be presented at time of service.)
We cannot accept credit or debit cards at this time; nor can we charge the replacement fee to your student account.

Staff/Faculty Badges

Departments and colleges may purchase individual identification badges with custom designs, logos and photos. There is a $10.00 fee for each card produced.
Plans are in the works to implement a campus-wide staff and faculty card, but in the meantime any staff or faculty member who needs to replace their ID card should contact their department supervisor.

Continuing Students

Continuing students may pick up validation stickers at their College Office or Board of Study each quarter and throughout the whole quarter.

Summer Session

Continuing students may pick up validation stickers at the Summer Session Office, 140 Hahn Student Services Building. Starting the first day of classes, new students should visit the ID Card Offices with a photo ID and enrollment verification in order to obtain a UCSC Summer Session ID card.