Community Alert - September 19, 2012
469 PC – Theft or misappropriation of university keys
September 19, 2012
Performing Arts complex
The UC Santa Cruz Police Department has become aware of the misappropriation of university keys. These keys allow access to specific areas of the Performing Arts complex.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to call the UC Santa Cruz Police Department at (831) 459-2231.
· Secure all computer and printed confidential information
· Always be alert to your surroundings.
· Report any activity or event you observe that makes you feel uncomfortable.
· Close and lock doors to buildings and offices after hours.
· Report all suspicious persons and/or activity to the UC Santa Cruz Police Department by dialing 911 immediately.
· Save any evidence. Do not remove any evidence until officers are able to respond and investigate.
Nader Oweis, Chief of Police
University of California, Santa Cruz Police Dept.
Report in-progress crimes by calling 9-1-1. Non-emergency incidents may be reported by dialing (831) 459-2231.
Reports may also be made anonymously by calling 831-459-3TIP (459-3847) or submitted online via http://www2.ucsc.edu/police/crime.html.
This Bulletin is in Compliance with 20 U.S.C. Section 1092 (f), the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" ("Clery Act"), and the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).